
Public Enemies is not my kind of movie. I am not really into gangster movies unless they are realistic. I liked the Sopranos and the Godfather, but Public Enemies is just schlock and I am disappointed.
Johnny Depp is a good actor and Christopher Bale is pretty good too, but the script is stupid, the film is poorly edited, and I almost walked out a few times but stayed to the bitter end.
A good film should give you a good feel for the characters, their motivations, and the plot should make some sense. I didn't get much of this from this film. I don't understand what made Dilliger tick. He seems like a cartoon character as does FBI Agent Melvin Pervis in charge of the hunt for Dillinger.
I could have made a much better film of this story and it is in this awareness that I come away with my sense of disappointment.
Save your money. I don't recommend this film.
For more information go to the Internet Movie Database by clicking here.
No comments:
Post a Comment